Dear Friends and Neighbors,
During this challenging time for our state and the country, it is imperative that we all work together to stop the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected by this disease.
This email update contains critical information, along with resources and guidance, that we hope will be helpful to you and your family over the next several weeks. You may receive this email from all three of us, for which we apologize, but we wanted to make sure to reach everyone in our contact lists.
As always, if there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by phone or email. We also welcome you to sign up for our email updates to receive the latest legislative-related information on this issue.
- Sen. Rivers: (360) 786-7634 or Ann.Rivers@leg.wa.gov | Sign up for my email updates.
- Rep. Vick: (360) 786-7850 or Brandon.Vick@leg.wa.gov | Sign up for my email updates.
- Rep. Hoff: (360) 786-7812 or Larry.Hoff@leg.wa.gov | Sign up for my email updates.
We are honored to serve each and every one of you. You're in our prayers.
We will get through this challenge together.
Brandon, Larry, and Ann
Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19.
- Resources for the Community.
- COVID-19 Cases in the U.S.
- Latest Updates
- Information for Healthcare Professionals
Recent announcements and news releases from the Governor's Office and Department of Health:
- Inslee announces statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and expanded social gathering limits | March 16, 2020
- Inslee statement on statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and limits on size of gatherings expanded | March 15, 2020
- Leave some for your neighbors: Don't buy more than you need | March 14, 2020
- State waives costs for COVID-19 testing | March 14, 2020
- Inslee announces statewide school closures, expansion of limits on large gatherings | March 13, 2020
Information for parents from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance & Resources
- Guidance for Long-term School Closures as of March 13, 2020
- School Closure FAQ
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in K–12 Schools: A Parent Guide
Information for employers and employees
Governor's Office | Partial list of resources to support economic retention and recovery related to COVID-19:
- COVID-19 resource list for impacted Washington businesses and workers
- Financial assistance.
- Export assistance.
- Employer and worker assistance.
- Insurance assistance.
Employment Security Department:
U.S. Small Business Administration:
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
Department of Labor:
Department of Financial Institutions:
- Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19
- Accessing Your Financial Institution.
- Unemployment Help.
- Trouble Paying Credit Cards.
- Trouble Paying Your Mortgage.
- Trouble Paying Rent.
- Student Loans Deferment.
- Short Term and Emergency Loans.
- Paying Utilities.
- Insurance Issues.
- Avoiding Scams.
- At Home Financial Education Resources for Students.
- Additional Resources.
Department of Labor & Industries:
- Workers' Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions
- Can COVID-19 ever be allowed as a work-related condition?
- When to file a claim.
- When will a claim likely be denied?
- How can I file a COVID-19 claim?
- Filing a worker's compensation claim: Exposure vs. contraction of COVID-19
- Covered treatment and post-exposure care.
- Additional information on COVID-19.
Office of the Insurance Commissioner:
- Health insurance.
- For insurers and medical providers.
- Travel insurance.
- Other types of insurance
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA):
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) | Frequently Asked Questions
- Food Safety.
- Access to Food.
- Pet Safety.
- Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs.
- Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Program Guidance on Human Pandemic Response
- Automatic State Flexibilities.
- Additional USDA Authorities.
- Partnering to Ensure Access to Food.
- USDA Information.
- Federal Resources.
- FNS Actions to Respond to COVID-19
- Child Nutrition Programs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- FNS Pandemic Guidance.
- Additional Resources.
- What's New.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:
- Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- What is VA doing?
- What should Veterans do?
- How to protect yourself
- VA COVID-19 Cases
Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs:
Johns Hopkins University & Medicine:
If you are looking for information that's not listed above, please don't hesitate to reach out.
To read this email update in another language, visit my website and click on the red “TRANSLATE” button in the lower left-hand corner to select your language.